Sunday, August 6 – 2:00 PM
A place for families to enjoy a few free and friendly kid contests and activities.
Pre-register for one of the contests or take a break in the shade and enjoy coloring tables, play stations, and more!
Check the rules and age limits below for:
- Baby Picture Contest
- Cutest Little Farmer Contest
- Diaper Derby (Crawling) Contest
- Longest Ponytail Contest
For any questions or to register, call Katie Perkins at (618) 267-8084.
Pre-registration by July 27, 2017 is suggested. However, contestants may enter on the day of the contest beginning 30 minutes prior to the start of the contest.
All contestants will receive a participation ribbon.
Decisions of the judges are final!
Baby Picture Contest
Girls, 0-23 months
Girls, 1-2 years
Girls, 3-4 years
Boys, 0-23 months
Boys, 1-2 years
Boys, 3-4 years
Twins, 0-4 years
1. All pictures must be postmarked or hand delivered to the Fair Office by July 27, 2017.
2. Photographs must be 5″ x 7″ and firmly attached to white poster board which is 7″ x 9″ in size. Photos will not be accepted if mounted on any other material other than white poster board or if framed.
3. Photographs must have been taken within the past 6 months. Only 1 entry per child.
4. The following information must be recorded on the back of the poster board in the upper left hand corner: parent or legal guardian’s name, age (at time of picture), and birth date.
5. Judging will be based on personality and appeal, not on perfection of photography.
6. All photographs will be on display during the fair and may be picked up after the contest ends on Sunday.
Cutest Little Farmer Contest
Girls, 2-3 years old
Girls, 4-5 years old
Girls, 6-7 years old
Boys, 2-3 years old
Boys, 4-5 years old
Boys, 6-7 years old
1. No entry fee is required to enter the contest.
2. Contestants will be judged on the costume, creativity, and overall effect.
3. Contestants may bring one object that will accent his/her costume.
4. Decisions of the judges are final.
5. There will be no live animals allowed.
Diaper Derby Contest
1. All babies must be in the crawling stage (not over 1 year of age).
2. If a baby does walk during the contest, he or she is then disqualified.
3. The babies will be lined up in a straight line. Their parents will be lined up directly in front of them. Once started, the babies will have 3 minutes to crawl from their position to their parents.
4. Parents will be allowed to use verbal persuasion, toys, food, etc., to lure their children.
5. If none of the babies reach their parents within the 3 minute time limit, the baby closest to their parent will win.
Longest Ponytail Contest
2 years and under
3 & 4 year olds
5 & 6 year olds
7 & 8 year olds
9 & 10 year olds
1. Length of hair will be the chief factor in judging and will be measured from the base (rubber band) of the ponytail to the end of the longest hair
2. In case of tie for first place or overall winner, hair will be judged on neatness and beauty.
3. A ponytail is one, either braided or not.